Friday, April 22, 2011
I began working on a dictionary interface for the WiredPages Reference page- sometime ago.
The following illustrates what the tool will look like.
A couple of months ago-- I synced the audio portion of the task-- which was rather complicated. After I finished, I put off further work- because quite frankly-- the audio was complicated-- and for some reason I did not want the class files made available online for closer inspection.
The interface is Java Servlet and an Applet for sound.
Here is another illustration:
I have a bit more testing to do [ensure I am getting what I need from the xml file insofar as definitions]-- but for reasons already provided, just in no real hurry to install. There is also a small timing problem with words like interesting where the sound is concerned. Not enough of a problem to keep from installing but an issue I want to look into further.